By Odette Powell
In Atlanta, the Spring Season is starting to, well, spring! As the temperatures begin to rise, we at SKB Industries and SKB Turf are gearing up for the spring season and would like to remind you of some of our spring services.
- Spring Irrigation Audit
- Regular Mowing
- Pre-emergent Weed Control
- Post-emergent Weed Control
- Annual Color Installation
Our irrigation crew performs an audit to ensure your system is working properly. We want to ensure that as temperatures increase your system is ready. Here’s how a commercial irrigation audit program works:
- An irrigation water audit identifies any irrigation issues. For example, leaking valves, broken heads, and broken pipes.
- There are other benefits of an irrigation audit program that can improve irrigation efficiency such as the reduction of water costs, lessen turf drought, and decrease the likelihood of runoff.
Spring means your lawn is growing so that’s when SKB starts its weekly mowing.
- Using sound horticulture practices, SKB cuts no more than 1/3rd of the leaf blade at a time.
- Cutting too short can weaken the grass. Weak turf is more susceptible to disease and weed outbreak.
Weeds are a part of any landscape but with SKB’s expertise you don’t have to worry about them.
- We apply pre-emergent herbicide in spring and fall to prevent weeds from germinating.
- We weekly monitor and treat any bed, turf, and crack weeds that may have sprouted.
- Regular mowing, proper fertilization, and adequate irrigation can prevent weeds.
Annual Color Installation
Spring is the best time to install color beds that prefer warmer temperatures.
- When Pansies begin to wane, we replace them with spring annual flowers.
- Our color services include selecting plant varieties, locations for additional beds, and preparation for installation.